Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wire Free Doorbell Battery & No Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
unhappydude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

my recently installed Arlo Wire Free Doorbell is losing 70% battery every night, and is not notifying or recording any movement. 

Even worse the unit is connected to a power pack and set to trickle charge, with the power pack rated at 18V, 1.3A AC. The unit is getting 18V and .8A at the terminals. 

This behaviour is consistent. I can externally charge the battery to 100%, install at 10PM, no motion detection, no activity, nothing detected by my other Arlo cameras and by 11AM I have a low battery notification at under 15%. The trickle charging seems to get it upto to 20% over the day but overnight the battery will again drain down to 10% and then finally stop responding. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat happens if the power pack is not installed?

unhappydude
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the AC disconnected, the battery just drains faster. Tested full charges in a row. i.e. take out, charge to 100%, put back, and have it go flat in under 24 hours..

No motion detected. Parcel detection disabled. Movement sensitivity set to low.

Opened case. Now observing the issue for troubleshooting.

CameraJunk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue minus the power pack. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.

Bummed_Out
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. My wire-free doorbell stopped catching motion a few weeks back. Thought it was the battery so I charged it and when I put it back, the battery was drained within two days. I chatted with an agent and we went through all the steps to factory reset, change WiFi to 2.4 Gz, and change the "Motion" level to the highest and it still doesn't work. I bought this a year and a half ago and can't believe that it's not working. 

Does anybody know the life cycle of this camera (not the battery)? I don't want to purchase another one if it's going to die out in less than 2 years. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bummed_Out wrote:

I chatted with an agent and we went through all the steps to factory reset, change WiFi to 2.4 Gz, and change the "Motion" level to the highest and it still doesn't work.

Did you also try the motion detection test?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation