Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ward76
Follower
Follower

Hi seeking some advice on our arlo video doorbell (wire free). When answering a doorbell call, the video is either not displaying or freezing. There is a time lag in talking of up to ten seconds. The camera also is skewed and showing more of the wall than it previously has. 

We have removed the device and applied a factory reset and reinstalled with the same issues. 

All troubleshooting has been done via the app and still no resolution. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ward76,

These symptoms point to a connectivity issue or potential ISP issue. A couple things to check are the signal strength icon and your ISP download/upload speeds. What does the signal strength icon show within the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

Kellie_T
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue - audio continues to record, but massive lag and video freezes mid-way through playback. It's not signal related, I have full signal and excellent WI-FI speeds. When I scroll through the video frame by frame, I can see that the full recording has been captured, it just doesn't play back properly. I only bought this doorbell last week and I'm really disappointed already.

Kellie_T
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've since noticed that the issue is with the App on my iPhone, as my desktop browser plays the video without issue. I guess you guys need to sort the app out!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation