Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell dreadful lag issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BJRDJD77
Tutor
Tutor
This product is woefully below standard. I have terrible video lag for my newly installed Arlo Video Doorbell (wire free). The lag is up to a minute long, its virtually unusable for its intended purpose. I have full WiFi bars on the display and my internet speeds (up and down stream) are very good. I have read multiple threads over the web about this problem of video lag with Arlo products and Arlo don't seem to really care or try and fix the product. I should have researched this before i purchased it. Does Arlo have any fix for this or are you just going to fob me off too..... this device is not worth the $300 I paid for it. I don't know how the company can then expect me to pay for a monthly subscription after my trial period... shame, shame...My advice to people is do your research and avoid Arlo products where streaming live video is a key feature.....
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Poor speed of response is usually a signal issue. Take the doorbell closer to your router to see if that changes the lag. If so, you'll have to figure out what's interfering with the signal.

BJRDJD77
Tutor
Tutor
Tried this multiple times.... still made no difference
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

heckler96
Guide
Guide

for a start, try from your router to set a different channel either 1,6 or 11.

By default it set to auto.

See if this helps.

I cant returned mine as it has passed the 30 days period.

I made a report and they took two months and still no replacement. 

Dont get me wrong, I have five arlo pro2 and a smart free doorbell before upgrading to this.

To me this product has more potential thru future firmware upgrade. 

Just dont work for now. Cant work on HomeKit and Google home only can view but not answer the bell.

From the phone, I cannot answer and the screen keeps showing the loading sign.

Really frustrated. 

BJRDJD77
Tutor
Tutor
I know your frustration with this. My research over the internet as well as reviews from independent sources seems to highlight this problem across the board. I should have done my research before buying. I would have gone with a competing brand like Ring if I had of known i was going to have this issue. On the other hand Arlo have agreed to send me a replacement which is something I guess and their support staff were quite diligent with my complaint.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation