Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to setup for a friend( wife)

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installing & setting up for myself, on iPhone, was easy, however I am unable to setup for my wife!

I have granted her access, sent her an invite, accepted on her phone, installed the Arlo app, but it will not configure! I have deleted her as a ‘friend’ and started from scratch, to no avail.

I can see that this is a recurring theme and am sorry to re- post but an getting nowhere Her status on my app is ‘pending’. 

what am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, it took 24 hours for my wife’s app to work and a little longer to receive voice calls from the doorbell.
My stress levels have dropped.

Arlo please make it clear that to setup ‘friends’ phone is not an instant fix & to wait 24 hours.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is this process any better, they recommend using the desktop to accept the invite.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account
XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant

DB

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I assume that you felt my angst? I will have a look later on and start all over again, but do it on my iMac. 

Best wishes 

Martin

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@XMart wrote:

what am I doing wrong?

Use a PC instead of her phone.  Clicking on "create account" will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, just log into her account.

XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi DB

Well I did this, but having set up an account for my wife (post invitation) on our iMac it wanted me to use the mobile app on my wife’s iPhone for the setup. This was not a ‘friend’s’ setup, rather a new installation and it wanted the doorbell to read the QR code! I am going around in circles again.

I think that I will have to delete her details as a friend and try again tomorrow.

I also have an Arlo Pro 4 camera and am having no luck with my set up. The 2.4GHz band width is ok, my pouter is fine but nada! It will not connect. Possibly another job for first thing in the morning, when I am wide awake. And I thought that Arlo was plug ’n play! This is tedious

Regards

Martin
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@XMart wrote:

Well I did this, but having set up an account for my wife (post invitation) on our iMac it wanted me to use the mobile app on my wife’s iPhone for the setup. This was not a ‘friend’s’ setup, rather a new installation and it wanted the doorbell to read the QR code! I am going around in circles again.

Did you try clicking on "Create Invite" on the iMac, and then logging into her account when the browser opened up my.arlo.com?  At that point she should see the cameras (from both the browser and her iPhone).

25x8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly the same for me! I am IT literate and am still struggling. Come on Arlo it should not be this difficult.
XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, it took 24 hours for my wife’s app to work and a little longer to receive voice calls from the doorbell.
My stress levels have dropped.

Arlo please make it clear that to setup ‘friends’ phone is not an instant fix & to wait 24 hours.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@XMart,

You will not get very far until the invite has been accepted, check in your account that the invite is not pending.

She should click the link in the email to open a web browser on a pc. From there she either creates a new account or login to her existing account if already registered.

She would likely need to accept the 2fa request on her phone if setup as primary device to accept push notifications. Then she continues with the web browser login.

At this point the grant access request should change to accepted in your account.

Once the grant access is no longer pending, you can add the cameras and permissions required.

She should then start to see the devices in her account.

She does not need to add devices in her account, they should just appear when she login again on her account.
XMart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi DB

I think that is essential to know that it would take 24 hours for my ‘ friend’s’ ‘ account to synch I would have been very relaxed and not deleting and reinstalling her account. All is now fine and we are both happy. I will now try to set up a Pro4 camera, so I might need some more help.
Martin
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have seen recent references to arlo backend delays recently so hope that arlo is getting on top of it.

Good luck with the pro 4.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation