Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bad Experience First Day

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
ChrisPydtank
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,
Gee I feel like I am almost getting buyer's remorse with Arlo.

I got the Doorbell and 2 Ultra 2s yesterday.

Everything seemed to be ok, until annoyance 1:

Push Notifications instantly denies. I had to do text notification to get through the 2 step.

I see Arlo said back in February that a Cloud update resolved this... Baha, Nope!

After I installed Doorbell and set it all up, it was working fine.

I tested siren then I tested one of the features I was pumped for, and the reason I moved from Ring to Arlo, was Google compatibility.

Annoyance 2 and 3: I did voice command to show the doorbell on my chromecast, and it couldn't even show it.
I checked a semi completed Ultra 2, no complaints with Chrome.
So I checked to see if it was having issues by going live on the app.
Next issue, there is a high pitched buzzing from the doorbell.
I went outside to check, but couldn't hear it at all, but it was still coming out of the feed.
I put my ear right up to the doorbell and could hear a grindy/buzzing sound.

I contacted Arlo about it to see if that is reason to get replacement. Anybody else who reads this before they reply toe think it's something that happens or something is wrong?

Oh, even their support chat is janky. I was told to attach a sample video, their attach button did not work at all. Even in the forms, I can't change pages.

Annoyance 4:
Boy, even with experience with Networking, using business grade Unifi Network devices and expecting the Ultra Smart Hub to be optimised for their devices, the lag is HORRIBLE!

Tap to turn on light takes 5-10secs

2-Way chat has a 9-12sec delay.

Live watching is 3-5sec delay on movements.

I have gone through all these "suggestions", but I am boiling down to the Arlo Servers. I even wonder if Arlo has Australian servers, coz it feels like playing a video game in US servers.

Annoyance 5:

I went to grant my family access to cameras.

They all signed up and all had annoyance 1.

They also had to verify their accounts, and just like me, had verification errors coz it was expired or something, but it still verified?

Well, out of 3, only 1 was able to view the shared cameras online, the other 2 kept looping to get a subscription, and when they tried to use the "view cameras" option under "Account", it looped them to login in again then to the subscribe page again.

So we moved onto the apps at least, and with great delay, managed to view the cameras.

3 people, call them A, B, C.

We tested the "call for answer door" feature. I always work.

Only person B got the call also!

I contacted Arlo again, had to do a factory Reset of the bell and such.

From that, it swapped!

Person A and C now call, person B can't get the call!

So now I am waiting on them again for that.

However, later that evening, person A and B could not get calls anymore.

Not a very good start for spending nearly 1 grand to get what I assumed a "better" experience, especially features, I wanted that Ring technically can't, and spend less money on wireless needs coz I can't do wired solution at my house.
0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation