Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Turn off video for audio only call

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
priesty100
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed an arlo wireless video doorbell for my father in law, its all up and running but his tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A) struggles with the video call to the point of making it unusable. The call works fine on my phone so I can only assume it's a tablet hardware issue.

I was wondering if there was a way of turning off the video in a call and making it audio only in the hope that, with much less data, the call will work. Is this possible?

The only other thing I can think of is that the doorbell is on my account and I've shared it with him, but I can't see why that would cause this?

Thanks for any help in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

priesty100,

It's not possible to make the call audio only, but you could try reducing the video resolution within the doorbell settings and test to see if the performance on the tablet is improved.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

priesty100,

It's not possible to make the call audio only, but you could try reducing the video resolution within the doorbell settings and test to see if the performance on the tablet is improved.

JamesC

priesty100
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James, will give that a go.

Another possible option I have wondered about is to have something like a Google Nest Hub with a continuous feed from the camera, would that work? (I appreciate that would be no audio.)
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation