Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stop getting alerts when disarmed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

Is there any way to have the doorbell only give me alerts for when the button is pressed rather than getting a notification and recording every time there is motion detected? I want the doorbell "disarmed" when either myself or my wife is home using Geolocation. And when disarmed, I don't need to be getting motion notifications and recordings as that is just going to drain the battery unnecessarily.

I still want it armed when both of us are outside the Geolocation zone and as well as armed overnight (even when we're home) on a schedule for motion. But I don't want notifications and recordings for motion when it should be "disabled".

Any way to accomplish this?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jscirocco wrote:

And when disarmed, I don't need to be getting motion notifications and recordings as that is just going to drain the battery unnecessarily.

That is the definition of disarmed (motion and audio detection off).

When this misbehaves, have you checked that the mode for the doorbell is in fact "disarmed"?

It might be easier to troubleshoot if you simplify things - turning off scheduling and geofencing, and then make sure that there are no motion notifications or recordings when you walk in front of the doorbell when you set it to disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation