Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
pmt703
Tutor
Tutor

Finally set the activity zone to a tiny portion of my townhouse landing.

Set the sensitivity to 30%.

But its STILL recording random junk from the parking lot. Cars driving by. People taking their dogs for walks.

What in the world is going on? Been trying to get this to work for the last few weeks. Bought this based on so many "great reviews" but so far I'm not convinced its that much better than the cheapo Blink cameras we bought last year.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you setting the sensitivity in your modes and rules? The test is just a test and doesn't save.

pmt703
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, that is where I'm setting them.

Frankly it would be harder for me to set a much smaller activity zone and still be a useful product. It is picking up things that are halfway across the screen from where the zone is.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

IR reflections can cause this, especially during the day, as well as the servers not properly identifying what's in and out of the zone.

raj13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guys,

Software test engineer here, I can only concur with what OP said.

I am experiencing a similar issue with activity areas but the other way around : I initially set a smaller area, and now after several reboots and reset, The camera is acting like this initial area is still here (but it’s not).

Hence partial motion detection.

You guys have a serious software issue.

PS: also experimented several settings change that are lost (set to default settings) after a reboot…

pmt703
Tutor
Tutor

Its legitimately unusable at this point. I have shrunk the activity zone as small as I can. Still get cars driving by in the parking lot setting it off. Still get people walking on the sidewalk setting it off. 

Either its an activity zone - or its just a doorbell thats recording whenever it feels like advertising features that it cant actually support.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 4.08.17 PM.jpg

pmt703
Tutor
Tutor

Have had ten clips so far today - just more people walking by and nowhere near that activity zone.

No wonder the battery lasts only a few weeks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pmt703,

We're investigating reports of this issue. Are you seeing any other issues with the camera? When you live stream, does the stream work correctly?

JamesC

pmt703
Tutor
Tutor

The camera functions just fine - other than paying absolutely no attention to the activity zones. Frankly I feel like the extra battery should have come at no extra cost considering how often I am changing it.

Here are a couple from early this morning, please see above activity zone so you can see how far out of whack this thing is. That trash truck - nor the workers - were anywhere NEAR the zone.

Screenshot_20220502-090824_Arlo.jpgScreenshot_20220502-135921_Arlo (1).jpg

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation