Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up difficulty - adding a friend to an account

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Izakiwi2
Aspirant
Aspirant

So have purchased Arlo Wire-free doorbell. Wife has set it up. Can see the video on doorbell working. 
She has added me as a friend and I have created an account. 
she is able to send me an invite which asks me to create an account which I have done.

When I log in I can create an authentication number.

But where is this code added? I can’t see how to get past this next step.

FAQ’s I’ve looked at haven’t made sense.

Help please. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like 2FA (two-factor authentication) at work. Check Settings, Profile, Login Settings, Two-Step Verification is that set up? Is the code 6 digits long (meaning it's to be used for 2FA)? If 2FA is set up, you would be prompted to enter the code before you could actually get into the app to see cameras, etc.

Izakiwi2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.
2 factor authentication has been done I believe.
The problem is that although I have an account and I have logged in it has not recognised this by the main account owner as my acceptance of their invite is still in a pending state at their end.

And although they can see the camera feed, I cannot. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Izakiwi2 wrote:

The problem is that although I have an account and I have logged in it has not recognised this by the main account owner as my acceptance of their invite is still in a pending state at their end.

And although they can see the camera feed, I cannot. 

Accepting the invite works better on a PC.  Try clicking on the "create account" link there.  That will open your browser to my.arlo.com.  From there just log into your existing account.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation