Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QR code for different product

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LukeDBrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I scan the QR Code for my Brand New wireless door bell, it reads it as a “Chime 2” and not the actual door bell. We do not have a “Chime” of any sort??? Completely stuck, as the Bot CS keeps telling me how to scan a QR Code … the actual scanning is not the issue!?!?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LukeDBrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank You for the great CS support … while initially frustrated to not be able to talk with someone; one the msg was rolling the CS team was prompt to call me and fix the situation by sending me a new and functional QR Code 👍🏻

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you selecting the proper doorbell when starting the process and not scrolling down to the chime section? Seems like a silly question but ya never know.

Otherwise, it may be a manufacturing issue that somehow put a chime QR code on a doorbell. The fastest solution would be to swap at the store.

LukeDBrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey … yes, we have the correct product selected. It does sound like a MFG mistake; we purchased on Amazon, and will have to swap out I guess. Wish I could reach Arlo CS some how …
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Did you exchange your device yet? I can get your issue escalated if you are still experiencing this. Please keep me updated and I'll be happy to help. 

LukeDBrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shayne, this is awesome! We still very much need help … it has been so frustrating; we love all of our Arlo products to-date, and the installations are SO easy!!!

Which is why this QR code thing has been so weird. Yes, please help escalate in any way that you can. Let me know if you need more information … Thanks Much!

Luke
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43088153

Please let me know if you don't hear from them soon. 

LukeDBrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank You for the great CS support … while initially frustrated to not be able to talk with someone; one the msg was rolling the CS team was prompt to call me and fix the situation by sending me a new and functional QR Code 👍🏻
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome! I'm glad I could help, please let me know if you have any other questions : )

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation