Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: my arlo app can scan barcode shown on my mobile app but it cannot find the doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Henrikno7
Aspirant
Aspirant

my arlo app can scan barcode shown on my mobile app but it cannot find the doorbell I  have to start from the beginning each time, sometimes it doesn't read barcode then  i have to start again .It was working ok earlier today seemed to be low on battery but it was charged until it was green, I only received this on Monday now i'm thinking its been a waste off money as it can find my cameras but not the video doorbell.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You are trying to connect it to your WiFi, right? Until new firmware is released, that's your only choice.

Henrikno7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi when I try to add the door bell to my Arlo app it goes to the part where I have to hold my phone with a barcode on the screen and I point it to the door bell camera And it beeps then goes on to scan for the device (door bell) it searches and then says cannot find it try again, so I have to do it all again from the beginning. Sometimes the Door bell doesn't read the barcode from my phone using the Arlo app,I have also noticed that when I charge the battery and it goes green as fully charged it still does the same thing then I checked the battery power and it's back at the red colour indicating that the battery needs charged I'm using the charging cable supplied with the door bell so I think it's a faulty battery as I just added one of my camera's the same way And this is found by the Arlo app within 30 second's the cameras batteries are from Arlo are the rechargeable one's so I can easily charge the batteries for the cameras up when I need to. So I do think that it's the battery from the door bell . Thanks for your help it's appreciated thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Henrikno7,

Given the troubleshooting you've already done, I recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Henrikno7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thanks for your reply I bought it from Amazon and I contacted them they're picking it up tomorrow or Saturday as I explained everything to them and I just received it on Monday, so I won't receive the New one until the 4th of March but thank you for your help it's appreciated thanks.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation