Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QR code wont scan for wireless doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
harryhpalmer
Follower
Follower

Not quite sure why previous topics have been closed on this subject, as solved. 

But this is not something that has gone away.

Old router took ages to connect. Now having installed a new router, the doorbell now wont connect at all.

QR code needs to be replaced by another mechanism, because it is obviously flawed - reading other complaints. 

And, as I have a base station for my cameras, I dont understand why it cant be connected like the other wireless cameras is quite ridiculous, considering how much these devices all cost.

If this cant be fixed quickly, I will return and go and get a different doorbell from Eufy or Ring.

And please dont post a link to the Support page, because I have tried all of that, and none of it works, as you obviously know.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

harryhpalmer,

What exactly are you experiencing when trying to connect to the new router? Are you seeing any error messages? Have you factory reset the doorbell?

JamesC

Maddox7825
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received my doorbell Camera and it wont scan QR. I have 1 hardwired Wyze camera, 1 base station and 3 wireless cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maddox7825 wrote:

Just received my doorbell Camera and it wont scan QR.

Sometimes it's a bit tricky to get position the phone so the QR code is properly focused by the camera.

You could try doing this on a PC (moving the doorbell instead of the phone).

GC12GLADIATOR
Tutor
Tutor

I ran into the exact same problem. Just forget the QR code generated by the Arlo app and use another QR code generator like https://qifi.org  which will translate your wifi SSID and password into the correct QR code. Print it and show it to your doorbell camera. This worked immediately for me. Hope it helps!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation