Power supply

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arius25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking for a power supply for my Arlo Wireless Doorbell. Can someone point me to an adequate product or post the specs?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arius25 wrote:

I am looking for a power supply for my Arlo Wireless Doorbell. Can someone point me to an adequate product or post the specs?

The specs are Low voltage AC (between 8 and 24 volts) with a minimum power of 10 VA

If you are looking for a plug-in adapter, this is one that would meet the specs.  (Note I haven't tried it).

Some plug-in adapters only specify amps, not VA.  VA is just Amps x Voltage.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe define "power supply". There's 2 possible - 1) a transformer that the doorbell connects to which will keep the battery trickle-charged and 2) the typical USB charger used to charge the battery when it's removed from the doorbell (Arlo seems to be saving some pennies by not providing the wall warts in at least some cameras). The transformer issue is solved above while the USB charger is just any 5 volt, 2 amp version.

arius25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat. I was looking for transformer specs. I guess I missed the "remove doorbell from account and add again" part... I have tried a few transformers, all within specs, but none worked because I was not aware of the step above. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation