Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ArloSubstandard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had so many issues connection my doorbell to the basestation. It may 10 times for it to connect which can waste about 5 hours straight. Then when connected the recording are really bad quality. I've tried on all the different settings and nothing makes it better. The base station is about 3m away the closest I can get it to the doorbell and it's still bad. I thought it was an issue with the doorbell but I connected the doorbell up to the WiFi and streaming was fine. The image gets green lines and the pixelated and is useless if I want to see an intruder. What can you guys do this is a joke for the amour of money the devices are. Why offer the basestation as an option if it does not work? Yes my base station and doorbell have the latest firmware. 

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like either the hub is faulty in some way or the signal strength/quality is the issue. Moving the hub away from your router can help as can moving the hub to a different location, perhaps using a WiFi or power line extender to allow the Ethernet cable to be plugged in. In any event, testing is needed.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Green lines suggest connectivity issues. If you have connectivity issues connecting to the router, then you're more likely to experience the same or worse performance when you connect to the SmartHub. Sometimes restarting the Hub improves the situation.

ArloSubstandard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have moved the hub to different locations.

The hub is plugged in via network cable.
Hub is other side of the house from the router. I've restarted the hub numerous times.
ArloSubstandard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the hub directly from Arlo but didn't connect it straight away as I was still under the free subscription. What is the process to get a replacement hub as this one sounds like it's faulty. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hub has no issue with a subscription which is only for cameras. 

As long as you have a subscription, use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your hub. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

ArloSubstandard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have a subscription, how do I get a replacement hub?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can temporarily subscribe to a single camera monthly plan so you can contact official support to see if they will RMA the hub.

ArloSubstandard
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is a joke. You are forcing us to pay to get a service working that you sell as a package. Is this false advertising?

Should I take this to fair trading?

Setup a return and delivery of a replacement product that works.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloSubstandard wrote:

That is a joke. You are forcing us to pay to get a service working that you sell as a package. Is this false advertising?

Note that @jguerdat does not work for Arlo.

I'm taggging the mods ( @JamesC . @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) in hopes they will escalate this for you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation