Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No motion detected unless doorbell is pressed to initiate

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera will only record when the doorbell is pressed.  It isn't detecting motion on its own. I'm in Canada. Have charged and reset, and reconnected device to wifi and still same issue. Anyone else having similar issues? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you to everyone that replied to this question-i have already called Arlo customer service and gotten my Essential video doorbell issue corrected!! Thanks for the suggestions!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kokomayla wrote:

The camera will only record when the doorbell is pressed.  It isn't detecting motion on its own. 

Have you tried the motion detection test?  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that was originally set to #54 medium.. I increased sensitivity  to 100 on high and still nothing

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kokomayla wrote:

Yes that was originally set to #54 medium.. I increased sensitivity  to 100 on high and still nothing

Note that the test doesn't change the settings - it's only a test.  If you want to apply the higher sensitivity, you need to go into the mode and edit the rule for the doorbell.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them.

FWIW, the act of pressing the doorbell doesn't directly make a recording.  So the doorbell does seem to be detecting motion when someone pushes the button.

Kokomayla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you to everyone that replied to this question-i have already called Arlo customer service and gotten my Essential video doorbell issue corrected!! Thanks for the suggestions!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation