Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gozlington
Follower
Follower
Hi there.
Ever since buying my doorbell new, I find I need to recharge my battery every 2 weeks. I have sensor set to 1 so it doesn’t trigger all the time and my range is full bars. I don’t know why my battery drains so quickly and I’m wondering if I have a faulty battery. Is there anything I can do to improve battery life or are batteries available for purchase so I can replace? Thanks. Goran
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be the connection to your WiFi being weak or something interfering with the signal. Temporarily move the doorbell closer to the router to see if that helps.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gozlington wrote:
Ever since buying my doorbell new, I find I need to recharge my battery every 2 weeks. I have sensor set to 1 so it doesn’t trigger all the time and my range is full bars. 

Any idea on how much recording you are getting (approx minutes per day)? 

If you use activity zones, you'll need to disable them in order to figure this out.  Video is streamed to the Arlo cloud whether the motion is in-zone or not - then the cloud applies the activity zone.  So while activity zones will reduce unwanted notifications and recordings, they will not improve battery life.

Another test you could do is turn off motion detection altogether.  Then see if the battery drain reduces.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation