Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model Number Differences - UK

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SteveP-UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone. I'm just about to buy a complete Arlo system - doorbell, cameras etc. I'm a bit confused about the different doorbell models. What's the difference between the AVD2001B-100EUS and the AVD1001 doorbell?

Thanks, Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveP-UK wrote:

What's the difference between the AVD2001B-100EUS and the AVD1001 doorbell?

The AVD1001 is wired - meaning that it takes power from the doorbell transfer.  

The AVD2001 is wirefree - meaning that it has a battery that needs to be periodically removed and recharged.  

The B in AVD2001means that it is entirely black (instead of a mix of black and white).

The EUS means it is the European Sku.  

Both can be connected to compatible mechanical chimes, and both can connect to your home wifi.  The AVD1001 can also connect to an Arlo base.  The AVD2001 can't do that today, but Arlo says they are planning to add that.

Both need a paid subscription for cloud storage (and other features)

As far as which to choose: 

• Start with the doorbell transformer requirements.  The AVD1001 needs to be between 16-24 volts AC, with power of at least 10 VA.  If you are using the AVD2001 with a traditional chime, the doorbell transformer needs to be between 8-24 volts AC (no power requirement, since it is not drawing power from the transformer).
  • Then consider the doorbell's field of view.  If the camera is "seeing" a high traffic area (sidewalk or street), then you will likely be better off with the AVD1001 (because you'd need to recharge the AVD2001 quite often).
  • A third factor is size.  The AVD2001 is quite a bit thicker (and I think a bit larger).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SteveP-UK wrote:

What's the difference between the AVD2001B-100EUS and the AVD1001 doorbell?

The AVD1001 is wired - meaning that it takes power from the doorbell transfer.  

The AVD2001 is wirefree - meaning that it has a battery that needs to be periodically removed and recharged.  

The B in AVD2001means that it is entirely black (instead of a mix of black and white).

The EUS means it is the European Sku.  

Both can be connected to compatible mechanical chimes, and both can connect to your home wifi.  The AVD1001 can also connect to an Arlo base.  The AVD2001 can't do that today, but Arlo says they are planning to add that.

Both need a paid subscription for cloud storage (and other features)

As far as which to choose: 

• Start with the doorbell transformer requirements.  The AVD1001 needs to be between 16-24 volts AC, with power of at least 10 VA.  If you are using the AVD2001 with a traditional chime, the doorbell transformer needs to be between 8-24 volts AC (no power requirement, since it is not drawing power from the transformer).
  • Then consider the doorbell's field of view.  If the camera is "seeing" a high traffic area (sidewalk or street), then you will likely be better off with the AVD1001 (because you'd need to recharge the AVD2001 quite often).
  • A third factor is size.  The AVD2001 is quite a bit thicker (and I think a bit larger).

SteveP-UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cheers Stephen!

Very helpful! I'm now off to spend some money with Arlo!! 😉👍

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation