Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a wire free doorbell and Arlo chime, fitted a month ago.  Most of the time, the doorbell triggers the chime and calls my wife's mobile and my mine, both running Android, and gives us both a Notification listing.  Every now and then we don't get either the chime,  a call to either phone nor any notifications.  We  can clearly see on the library, the bell being pushed and can hear the tone played to the caller by the doorbell, which I assume, confirms that WiFi is working.

I am finding it very hard to have confidence in the doorbell, which otherwise I really like.

Advice please.

10 REPLIES 10
Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant

I note BT643's Intermittently not ringing post, which overlaps, but which had no Arlo solution offered.

I would add that, I have also seen a second push activate the chime and the app after the first has failed.

As for others, testing their installations, it has worked each time I press the bell.   On these occasions my phone has been in my pocket.  I will test some more.  But don't see why this would make a difference.

Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be good to have a response from Arlo on this.

I have too many occurences of the bell being pushed, with the chime 2 not activating, nor my phone ringing.  My phone however gets a notification that someone is at the door and my library shows the person pushing the door bell.

On testing the doorbell it will normally work, but often needs a second push.

I have seen others raise the same issue, but with no solution to the problem.

The only solution I can think off is a sign saying push twice.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnph,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Is there any update on the log file and my failure description that I sent you on 23 August please.

regards

John

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnph,

This information is still being reviewed. A firmware update is planned for release soon, but I do not have an ETA at this time. I will provide more information as soon as i'm able.

JamesC

Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any update on the ETA of the firmware release.  Can you confirm that this release will fix the issues evident in the logs and my description of the failure - the bell push does not activate the chime nor ring my phone, only sending a notification to my phone, with a recording of the person pushing the bell available to view, along side a camera recording showing the same view, generating its own phone notification.  My conclusion from this description is that it is not related to my wifi/internet infrastructure.

Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,

Any news on the ETA of the firmware update.

Here is another log from today.

Bell is pushed, alert noise from bell, but no chime. My wife had the alert on her phone for both the door bell and additional camera. I did not. Our app's show the recording from both the door bell and the camera.

I will copy this text to the community thread I started.

I hope to hear from you soon

Kind regards

John

Manufacturer: OnePlus
Model: IN2023
OS Version: Android 12 (SDK 31)

App Version Code: 28488
App Version Name: 3.8_28488
Build Type: release
Flavor: prod
Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,

The doorbell goes from bad to worse. I changed the battery this morning (and my spare bought in July discharges in12 hours, btw - to be returned).

I tested the bell. Nothing, no sound, nothing on alert on my phone and no chime, but an alert from my other camera (I would love to relocate this from the front door, but the bell os so flaky). It took 5 bell pushes to get the lights on the bell push to activate and the bell to give the caller indication sound, then a few more to get a chime and notification. Second test, same results, no respose from the bell.

From the app I can see myself pushing the door bell, with nothing happeniing.

I have attached the logs.

I shall be calling support this today and will seek replacements for the bell and the faulty spare battery.

Perhaps this should have been my first action, rather than using community support. Views please. I will post this on line as well.

I am disappointed that I have send a number of log files and have had no meaningful response, and no responses at all from my last emails, with logs and postings.

John

Manufacturer: OnePlus
Model: IN2023
OS Version: Android 12 (SDK 31)

App Version Code: 28488
App Version Name: 3.8_28488
Build Type: release
Flavor: prod
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delayed response. There is a firmware update still planned for release that we're expecting to be pushed in the coming days but I still don't have a firm date for when it will be available. The issues as you've described do not appear to be widespread. I encourage you to reach out to the support team within the Arlo mobile app under Settings > Support if you wish to investigate further or would like to request an exchange.

I will provide another update here once the doorbell firmware has been released.

JamesC

Johnph
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James C.  I've opened a ticket.  Perhaps that should have been my first action.  I'd say my doorbell has died.  I can see it from the app, but it is not recording.  I don't have a failed battery.  The doorbell, drains the battery in a matter of hours.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation