Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I changed my password and ID on my internet. Now I can’t get my doorbell linked.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tucker1
Follower
Follower

I changed my password and ID on my internet. Now I can’t get my doorbell linked. I have two other cameras and a base station that linked up, but my doorbell will not for some reason. I have been told that my doorbell will not link to my base station, so I have to link it separately. FYI - even though this is a wireless device, I have it wired. Can anyone help? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tucker1 wrote:

FYI - even though this is a wireless device, I have it wired.

That will trickle-charge its battery, and let it ring a mechanical chime.  But it is still using WiFi to connect.  In the case if the AVD2001, it is using your home WiFi, since it can't pair with a base (yet).

@Tucker1 wrote:

I changed my password and ID on my internet. Now I can’t get my doorbell linked. I have two other cameras and a base station that linked up, but my doorbell will not for some reason. 

One option you could try is to set up a guest network on the router that uses the old WiFi network name and passphrase.  The AVD2001 should then connect to that guest network.  Connect your phone to the same network, and then use the app to move it to the new network.  When successful, you can remove the guest network.

The other option is to remove the AVD2001 from your account, reset it, and then on-board it from scratch. https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation