Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can not scan the QR code to re-install my wire free video doorbell (AVD2001).

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
DiggerTom
Tutor
Tutor

I can not scan the QR code to re-install my wire free video doorbell (AVD2001). This is what I have tried:

Changing the brightness, making sure the phone is set to light mode, resetting the doorbell, cleaning the camera, covering up the IR light. I am connected to a 2.4 GHz network. Nothing works. My doorbell is about 18 months old. It has worked well up to now, with no problems. The battery charge lasted months, with the aid of the trickle charge from my old normal doorbell. The trickle charge has stopped for some reason, resulting in the battery losing charge. The first time this happened, I re-charged the battery and replaced the doorbell and it worked. When I re-charged this time, however, it did not work. Hence why I tried to re-install it and now have the QR code scan problem. Any ideas please.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 issues:

1) The charging one suggests that you need to repair wiring and/or replace the transformer. It's also possible that the doorbell is faulty.

2) The QR code part may work if you pinch zoom on the view or take a picture of it and print it out larger. Another possibility is to take the doorbell to a computer that has a camera to see if that works better.

Dr-1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Lost connectivity. Have tried ALL "help" options, including removing device, factory reset and reinstalled.  Will not read QR code.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dr-1 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

AverageJoe76
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I had a similar issue where I was not able to read the QR code.  What worked for me was holding my phone a proper distance so that the camera could focus on the QR code and then zoom in on the QR code.  For my phone, Samsung Galaxy S21, the zoom function is the on-screen two finger pinch.  Hope this helps!

Joe

DiggerTom
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your suggestions. I replaced the old doorbell and it rang quite loudly, showing that the wiring and transformer are OK. I tried what you said about pinching and printing out QR code. Unfortunately neither worked.

DiggerTom
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Dr-1, I think the technical term for our doorbells are 'they're buggered'

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you take a picture of the QR code and print it out, can the phone then read the code? Be sure that the code is clean with no dirt or smudges.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation