Husband wants to see camera library

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
siobhan
Follower
Follower

Have an account in my name/email and a paid subscription.

have granted husband access to get alerts etc but he only gets alerts and cannot see library or history. When he gets an alert he can click on it and it opens the app and says no events on this day. And nothing for any other day.

doing my head in I feel like I’ve tried everything and cannot solve it

for a while it let us both be logged in using the one account but that doesn’t work now as it boots the other one out and only lets one of us be logged in at a time.

HELP I’m so frustrated!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The latest apps support two different user interfaces (UI) where yours likely uses Library to view videos but his would use Feed. To allow the granted access to work, both accounts need to be on the same UI so you will need to migrate your account. To do so, use Add Device to add either a Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. This will enable him to see the cameras but you will have a whole new experience with the new UI. Be aware that you can't go back to the old UI and any custom modes you may have created don't migrate - you have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need. Take the time to go through the whole UI so you see where things are and how they operate.

For those who don't wish to migrate, be aware that at some point Arlo will automatically migrate your accounts so the dueling accounts won't be an issue. We have no idea when this will happen but be assured it will happen.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation