Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to set up Doorbell To Record Silently at night

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rgbainbridge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I want to arm my doorbell overnight to record any intruders but don’t want to be woken up with notifications. So I can schedule the device to be armed between certain hours but would have to remember to put it in silent mode as you don’t seem to be able to schedule silent mode.

any ideas welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rgbainbridge wrote:

I want to arm my doorbell overnight to record any intruders but don’t want to be woken up with notifications. So I can schedule the device to be armed between certain hours but would have to remember to put it in silent mode as you don’t seem to be able to schedule silent mode.

You don't need silent mode for this.

You create a custom mode for the doorbell, that includes recording, but does not include notification in the the rule.   Then schedule that custom mode in the overnight hours. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rgbainbridge wrote:

You don't need silent mode for this.

You create a custom mode for the doorbell, that includes recording, but does not include notification in the the rule.   Then schedule that custom mode in the overnight hours. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation