Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell (AVD2001B) does not register on my network

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

AVD2001B registration fails with a notice on the phone of "No cameras were found".  The doorbell chimes on QR, flashes WHITE until the end of the sequence.

I am using a Cisco wireless network and have defined a 2.4Ghz only network SSID and have connected my iPhone and the camera to it.

I can see the doorbell on the network and I can "ping" it from my computer, so I know it has successfully DHCP'd an address.  BTW: this also happens with an Pro 5S 2K that I also purchased at the same time.

I am replacing an older Gen 1 arlo camera system that has worked on this same network for 5+ years without a problem.

Please make a suggestion if you have any.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a guess but check any security settings on the router that may block a WiFi device from the Internet. The old system used a base which connected via Ethernet so that's different.

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The iPhone app implies that it is searching the local network for the device: "searching the network for..."

Are you thinking that the app is really just waiting the for the device to appear on the arlo.com site, or both the local network and the arlo.com site?

Thanks for the suggestion?

- Steve

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would think that once connected to your router the next phase is to connect to the Arlo servers. If access to the servers is somehow blocked, that will obviously fail. I don't know what the exact process is to set up a camera so it's a SWAG.

Also, be sure no VPN is in use. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation