Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shevek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seen several times that a 6mm drill bit should be used for the mounting plate screws. But that size seems to be for using anchors. I'm mounting into wood, so I don't need anchors. I'm looking for the size drill bit to use to drill pilot holes for the included screws. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shevek wrote:

I have seen several times that a 6mm drill bit should be used for the mounting plate screws. But that size seems to be for using anchors. I'm mounting into wood, so I don't need anchors. I'm looking for the size drill bit to use to drill pilot holes for the included screws. 

I don't recall the size I used.

But all you really need to do is select a drill bit that is somewhat smaller than the screw diameter.  You should be able to do this by eye - if you aren't certain, just drop down to a smaller bit size where you are certain.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shevek wrote:

I don't recall the size I used.

But all you really need to do is select a drill bit that is somewhat smaller than the screw diameter.  You should be able to do this by eye - if you aren't certain, just drop down to a smaller bit size where you are certain.

Shevek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Makes sense. Thanks! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation