Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell with chime BUT no phone call

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RolCin
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an old subject, but so crucial. I just bought as a test a video doorbell with Chime 2. The idea is to install those in new developments. However, hard to believe that arlo is not capable of separating the chime and phone.

It happened that the doorbell rings - we open - let them in - then have to find the mobile phone because the phone is ringing. Why would anybody have a system like this? Until arlo can change this in their software or is willing to do so, think about it twice.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Already there in the doorbell settings - Silent Mode which separates chime and phone.

RolCin
Aspirant
Aspirant

You wrote it " silent mode separates phone AND chime (at the same time). I can't believe that nobody so far changed the software. I read so many reviews, and so many had the same question. PLEASE LET THE CHIME WORK, BUT NO PHONE CALL. I wonder if sometimes people work on the program and definitely don't have the system at home. Otherwise, they would change it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RolCin wrote:

You wrote it " silent mode separates phone AND chime (at the same time). 

I think you misunderstood what @jguerdat said.

If you enable silent mode, you have an option to re-enable phone calls and also another option to re-enable the chime.

So you can already do what you want - enable the chime, but not the phone calls.

These options will appear on the screen when you turn silent mode on.

RolCin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do apologize. I wrote in frustration. It does work. I switched several times to silent mode, but NEVER saw those options at the bottom.

All good, no all great. Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation