Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2.4 GHZ FOR SETUP

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Eagle312
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was a challenge for me to set up my Essential Wirefree Doorbell (AC2001) with accompanying Chime 2, especially the requirement for everything to be on the 2.4 network, but somehow, it got done.  Also, linked everything to Alexa.  We also have two Echo Shows to view the front porch.  After the doorbell and chimes finally were set up working fine for half a day, we asked Alexa to show the front door and got a reply that the front door was not connected.  I tried to go through and switch the doorbell network, but got sidetracked by not being able to read a QR code (again!).  So is this 2.4 requirement just temporary for setting devices up and linking them, or do all the Arlo devices need to permanently use the 2.4 network in order to work?  When I started to switch the doorbell network, I was heading towards putting  the doorbell (and chimes)  on my main home wifi network (2.4 and 5).  As you can easily tell by my confusion here, a lot (most) of this stuff is a stretch for me.  Any clarification would be most appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eagle312 wrote:

So is this 2.4 requirement just temporary for setting devices up and linking them, or do all the Arlo devices need to permanently use the 2.4 network in order to work?  

The AVD2001 always uses the 2.4 network, as it has no 5 ghz radio.

Connecting the phone to 2.4 ghz is only needed for onboarding (and not always then).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation