Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Doorbell burns through battery after firmware update (Sept 2022)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Uk-ec
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had an Essential Video Doorbell Wire Free for a couple of years now.  The battery life has never been great, but I usually get a month out of the battery before I have to charge it.   Over the last few days, I started only getting about 3 days on a fully charged battery.  It's not the battery because I have 2 of them (I charge one whilst the other is being used).  

I notice there was a firmware upgrade pushed to the doorbell at the end of September - which coincides with when this issue arose.   Is anyone else having the same problem?   It's the only thing that has changed as far as my doorbell is concerned, so it seems there may be an issue with the firmware upgrade?

In case it's relevant, my doorbell is connected to my base station (not direct to Wi-Fi) and there is a strong signal between them.

2 REPLIES 2
Uk-ec
Aspirant
Aspirant

If helpful:

• Doorbell is running firmware 1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4 and ha a hardware version of 1.2
  • Base station is a VMB4000r3 running firmware version 1.19.0.3_4074_68a8e53
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that you've changed batteries so that would have reset the doorbell to nominal settings. Have you removed and re-onboarded it?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation