Doorbell battery draining in 48 hours

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dawn1967
Follower
Follower

I’ve had a wire free door bell for months and the charge lasts about one month but I’ve recently taken out a subscription for the video library and notice that the doorbell needs charging every 48 hours which is nuts. I’m guessing the two events are related. Why is this happening? 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, not related since the battery is depleted by recording, live viewing and possible issues with the signal strength/quality, not a subscription which simply allows videos to be stored in the cloud. How many total minutes per day of recordings and live viewing does the doorbell use? If using Smart, you may need to deactivate it for the doorbell to get a true measure of this since Smart deletes videos according to your settings.

If you're getting too many recordings, consider an activity zone that removes things like the street from view as well as reducing the motion sensitivity setting in your modes and rules. I happen to use 45 which works well for me. Testing would be needed for you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Nope, not related since the battery is depleted by recording, live viewing and possible issues with the signal strength/quality, not a subscription which simply allows videos to be stored in the cloud.

Actually it could be related, since the doorbell doesn't need to stream video when motion is detected, unless you have a subscription or are connected to a base with local recording.

@jguerdat wrote:

If using Smart, you may need to deactivate it for the doorbell to get a true measure of this 

If you're getting too many recordings, consider an activity zone

More importantly, you need to remove any activity zones, since they mask the amount of streaming.  

Activity zones will reduce recordings, but will not improve battery life.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation