Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Greetings Community

My doorbell was connected directly to the router, but recently, whenever the button is pressed, I only get a message 'Someone has pressed the doorbell' and that's it.

So, I've reset it several times (removed from the account and then followed the reset procedure outlined in the KB), but the first time you press the button, it works, then it's intermittent, with it not working more than working.

I've connected it to my SmartHub (by the way, the process could be improved!), but it makes no difference.

I must say I look with jealousy at Ring doorbell videos on Amazon (from the review section): theirs is very responsive and seems to work. Arlo? Lags and doesn't seem to be working most of the time.

The doorbell stopped working after the latest app update (Android), but this could be a coincidence. 

Any ideas, anyone? Getting tired of constantly having to deal with issues. 

4 REPLIES 4
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

@JamesC would you like to respond? This affects both the video doorbell and the audio one. Has the "development" team had reports of this? Both work fine on iOS but not on Android. There have been numerous reports of issues dating back to 2019 and it looks like little has been done. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Edinburgh_lad1

Can you PM me with your Email associated with your doorbell again? I requested info from the team last week but I will look in to this further once I receive your info.

Thanks 

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi, and thank you for responding.

I've already returned the doorbell to Amazon UK because even though Support said I needed to change App battery usage on my Android 14 to 'Unrestricted', it didn't help. I've now ordered a new one from Amazon US, which arrived today (they didn't have an all black version in stock on Amazon UK).

In the meanwhile, I experimented with my old Arlo audio doorbell, which I've found out has been doing the same. I uninstalled the app, cleared caches etc. but this didn't help. 

I then run CCleaner and one more app from the Play store on my Android, and it looks like the issue is linked to caches/leftover files: the Arlo app seems to be leaving some cache files behind (when doorbells/cameras are installed and then removed)  that affects the performance of doorbells and these are not cleared by Android in the app (clear cache), or the Files app on Android. The only option seems to be a more advanced cache cleaner.

If this is indeed the cause of the issue, can this be addressed please? The symptom seems to be the 'Someone has pressed the doorbell' message and that's it: no ringing or nothing, but this doesn't seem to be the problem on iPhone.    

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with the Email associated with your doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation