Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell Video Lag

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Ashumaker
Tutor
Tutor
I just purchased this device two days ago and not once has it worked as described. Live video takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load—which defeats the point of having a video doorbell if if you can access live video instantly.

I have reached out to the support team twice regarding this and they have been zero help. The first time I was told to reset the device (this was less than 30 minutes after the device was installed). The device reset did not fix the issue, it has actually slowed down my video connection.

Again, I contacted support today to be told that it is normal for live video to take so long to load. Well Arlo, if it is normal for live videos to take so long to load, why isn’t that stated in the product description?

I asked if the agent could help resolve my problem and they told me that it has already been escalated and to post here because “higher management will take action right away” if I post my concern here. Which, again, makes no sense considering my case has already been escalated.

So here I am Arlo higher management, hoping that you see my problem (and that of many others since March 2020 according to the community feed) and actually resolve the issue.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Management generally follow user forums. A few Arlo employees are here but most of us are just users like you.

This sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. Take the doorbell nearer to your router and see what happens.

Ashumaker
Tutor
Tutor
The doorbell is less than ten feet from the router and I have download speeds of 375mbps.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Download speeds don't matter nearly as much as upload. However, your down speeds generally indicate good up speeds so not likely an issue.

Without moving the doorbell for testing, that doesn't answer the question about signal quality.

Ashumaker
Tutor
Tutor
The agent literally told me to post here to get an immediate response from higher management.

Regardless, the problem still hasn’t been resolved and I keep getting different answers to my issue. Looks like Arlo doesn’t train very well based on how there is no consistency in responses/solutions.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation