Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Montec
Follower
Follower

Does the Arlo Video wire free work with the VMB4000?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

YES

running Arlo HD, Pros , and Pro2s currently on a 4000 base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

If we are talking about the doorbell, I was not able to include it on my VMB4540 (r2).
So I would say No ! (maybe not yet, but no is safer!)

LCSG49
Tutor
Tutor

Follow up on your post.  I have VMB4000 and a single pro camera plus audio doorbell and chime. To add this current system to Homekit I merely needed to add the base. Once that gets added the installation asks for cameras. Since it was already attached to the base it was recognized and I had to name it. Secondly the motion sensor of the camera was recognized and needed to be named. At no point did the old audio doorbell even show up. Homekit did not sense its presence. So I don’t understand why the wireless doorbell wouldn’t just be connected to the camera also.  

The current doorbell and chime is problematic at best. I finally got it set to chime but not call my phone. It had a bad habit of doing so at 2 a.m. every night. 

Ideally I’d like the camera to keep tabs on my curbside mailbox. And have a video doorbell to see who is approaching the door. We experience thefts from both locations. Right now the camera is aimed at my doormat. 

We do not use Alexa in this household nor any other spying type services. Of the three we feel Apple is safest. We’d like video surveillance of our front porch from the doorbell and camera surveillance of the mailbox. 

Recently Amazon has added a service called Sidewalk that allows people with ring doorbells to look at each other’s recordings. And they have added another service called Guard that listens for breaking glass inside the house and monitors alarm system activity and a third service called Energy Dashboard that monitors every WiFi connected device in the house, including HVAC and what tv channel or subscription you watch on Smart TVs.  I’m moving everything onto Homekit because I don’t see Apple doing this kind of social engineering. Although it’s in its infancy Amazon maintains that it is designed to give utility companies control over your devices in order to combat global warming. 

So you can see from my last paragraph that I’m not inclined to participate in this and do not intend to allow Amazon or Google any access to my home and comfort. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless doorbell doesn't support being connected to any base at this point. Maybe in the future...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation