Connecting doorbell to Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dyfthegog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have followed the instructions to add Homekit but accessing devices, add device and the selecting base station. I can’t get any further as it asks me to plug an Ethernet cable into the base station, rather than allowing me to pick HomeKit. I’m probably being thick but can anyone point me in the right direction. The Base station isn’t showing up in the Home app to be connected and it’s fixed to the wall without a code in sight.

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

https://kb.arlo.com/000063184 

Dyfthegog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the prompt reply. HomeKit still cannot find the Base Station and I cannot add HomeKit to the Devices on my Arlo app as on tapping the 'Add SmartHub or Also Base Station'n I can't see the HomeKit. There is no list; just instructions to plug the Base in to the internet (it's already online). I don't have a set up code or access to the QR code.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you log out of the app and log back in. Then reset the basestation and follow the instructions within the link I sent that is set up without using a code. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation