Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had a Chime 2 since July 2022 linked into my system to sound when a camera is triggered;

Base unit VMB3010r2

5 Cameras H7 Arlo model. 

It had been working fine since it was installed.

Just over the last couple of weeks I'd noticed the system not recording, upon testing it was rebooting my system, narrowed it down to the Chime. On removal of the Chime everything works fine.

Doing some more testing (removed the Chime, reset it and added it back in) and selecting the Siren or 'Do nothing' option doesnt cause problems, it only seems to be when i select a tone from the list to play. The Chime is apparently using the latest firmware although this was recent than maybe that's what's causing it?

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately "H7" doesn't actually describe your cameras. However, the VMB3010 base helps determine that you likely have the original wireless cameras that use 4 CR123 batteries.

It's interesting that the chime seems to be the issue. There doesn't seem to be a recent firmware update for the chime and the base firmware was updated last year and then again in the past couple of days so that wouldn't seem to be an issue.

@JamesC or @ShayneS , could you check into this to see if something has caused this?

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, that is correct, the CR123 powered cameras, bought in 2016. 

As I say it has been working fine for months, then a week ago it seems to have started causing issues. 

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any ideas guys or shall I try and send it back to Amazon?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doubtful that Amazon would take it back. Also, you have to give the mods a chance to respond since they aren't on over the weekend. You can always buy a single camera monthly subscription to contact official support and cancel it when done.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

duckson,

I've not seen other complaints of this issue. I encourage you to reach out to the support team using the Arlo mobile app under Settings > Support to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation