Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Fhmfhmfhm
Tutor
Tutor

I've been getting ongoing help from Arlo that I stopped getting notifications on my Google speakers for my doorbell. Arlo went silent and stopped replying after a few emails back and forth.

I decided to bite the bullet and brought two Chimes 2. So frustrated that now neither will connect. I scan the QR code and it spins for a bit before telling me to check the chime is plugged in (it is).

I've tried all the various fixes on this board with no luck (moving to same frequency, getting closer to router, trying a different device etc). 

I'm so fed up of Arlo!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Indigo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently had to reinstall my Chime 2, and had issues. 

I found two workarounds that has solved it for me:

1) Set up your router/wifi to only broadcast 2.4 Ghz (and switch off the 5Ghz) if it broadcasts in dual bands

2) My iPhone 14 cannot make the Chime connect to the Wifi, but I can do it via my old iPhone 7. It makes no sense, but for some reason, my old iPhone 7 can easily connect the Chime to my router, but I can never do it with my newer iPhone. 

These two fixes solved it for me, as I was starting to rip my hair out. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Fhmfhmfhm what type of device are you using to onboard the Chime 2?

Fhmfhmfhm
Tutor
Tutor

Yes thank you I've had this sorted for a while now. I tried for hours on my Pixel phone and then my wife's 14 pro but did not work.

My work phone is an iPhone SE and that worked at the first go. Very annoying but is what it is.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation