Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dmreaid
Follower
Follower
We just purchased the wired video doorbell and it was working great, we needed to change out the base to get a greater angle so when we reconnected all the wires it would not connect back to our phones. It does the breathing LED and will chime when pressed but nothing else. When I called support the told me we would have to pay $100 to update the firmware and that this is a yearly occurrence. We would have to pay the $100 or our doorbell would not work. I cannot find anything about having to pay to update the doorbell or similar subjects. At this point I’m ready to return it and go with another supplier.
Has anyone else had this issue or know anything about this?
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

It is a scam number you called. If you searched for it they make it look real. Arlo does not charge for firmware updates. The same has been been posted before. Use the contact number at the bottom of this page where it says "contact us".

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dmreaid,

As mentioned above, Arlo does not charge for firmware updates. If you wish to contact support use the following link: Arlo Support Center

Did you remove the doorbell from your account at any point? What are you seeing in the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation