Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charged Wireless Doorbell, reattached battery, now it’s not working at all

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KDLoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have charged Wireless doorbell fully, the battery indicator on the battery pack is green. When I reconnect it to the actual doorbell nothing happens. No LED light, no working camera - it’s like it’s completely dead but has a fully charged battery. I’ve tried a different charging cable and I’ve tried pressing the rest button too, nothing is working. Purchased it through EE who say it’s a manufacturing issue for Arlo to sort out. Have messaged their support team but not heard anything back despite messaging days & days ago. Not sure what to do. The whole thing is just pointless. It’s barely a month old? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KDLoo wrote:

Have charged Wireless doorbell fully, the battery indicator on the battery pack is green. When I reconnect it to the actual doorbell nothing happens. No LED light, no working camera - it’s like it’s completely dead but has a fully charged battery. I’ve tried a different charging cable and I’ve tried pressing the rest button too, nothing is working. Purchased it through EE who say it’s a manufacturing issue for Arlo to sort out. Have messaged their support team but not heard anything back despite messaging days & days ago. Not sure what to do. The whole thing is just pointless. It’s barely a month old? 

Maybe try phone support instead of messaging.

KDLoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

DO NOT BUY

These people are crooks and their aftercare is shocking. If a product fails to work within 8 weeks of purchase then it should be replaced in part or whole by the manufacturer, but this is apparently not applicable when you purchase from major external retailers who despite being told to refer customers back to the manufacturer for all repairs and replacements (as agreed in their original purchase agreements with ARLO) refuse to honour the warranty. 

We were initially impressed with the doorbell but have now also cancelled the installation of an entire home security system which uses ARLO because their products and customer services are neither reliable nor honourable. 

Complete waste of money & plastic. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KDLoo,

I encourage you to reach out to Arlo Support to further investigate the issue you are experiencing with your camera. You can contact support via the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support and open a ticket.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation