Cat recognition

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rob-Hunter
Follower
Follower

Folks, I am looking to buy a video door bell system that will be placed at the entrance to an industrial estate. The entrance consists of a dedicated driveway from a busy road. I have more or less trained my cat, that lives on the industrial estate, not to cross the entrance to the industrial estate and walk down the drive to the busy road. However, should he do this it would be great if the AI function of the doorbell camera could recognize the cat and send me an alert to let me know that he is walking towards the busy road..perhaps I could even then use the speaker function to call him back. Do any of you know if any particular doorbell system has this capability? Thank-you, Rob

2 REPLIES 2
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is some information on what the Arlo Camera can pick up.

Arlo Animal, Vehicle, and Person Detection

And there is a microphone function on the doorbell camera that you could use to call for your cat. You can have the camera sensitivity high and the notifications on with certain rule sets or for all movement. However, depending on how the camera is positioned and distance will play factors in what it catches on the camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

And there is a microphone function on the doorbell camera that you could use to call for your cat. 

Just to clarify, you'd be using the speaker in the camera/doorbell, and the microphone on your phone or PC.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation