Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t grant access

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Alexcullen
Star
Star
Hi,
I’ve tried to grant my wife access to our new wireless doorbell. She has set up an account and downloaded the app but when I send her the invitation nothing happens - the email just asked her to set up an account again.
Please can you advise.
Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexcullen
Star
Star
EdAlter - I’ve just a managed to get it set up. I logged my wife in to the website on a laptop instead of using her phone which I’d been doing up until now, and it worked.
Maybe give that a try?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Did you follow these steps?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

Make sure to select the camera you would her to have access to.

Alexcullen
Star
Star
Yes, I followed those steps - on my phone app it shows that the access grant is “pending”.... but the email my wife receives does nothing (I’ve resent it a few times now)
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alexcullen wrote:
Yes, I followed those steps - on my phone app it shows that the access grant is “pending”.... but the email my wife receives does nothing (I’ve resent it a few times now)

Do you check the spam folder?

Alexcullen
Star
Star
Yes, nothing in spam. Is she supposed to receive a different email then? She keeps receiving the same one asking her to set up an account, which she’s already got. Nothing happens when she logs into the account.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the email address the same for both the invitation as well as her Arlo account? Have you tried a different email address?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alexcullen,

She has to use the link included in the invitation email to login even if she already has an existing account. Is she clicking the link and logging in that way?

JamesC

Alexcullen
Star
Star
Yep, different email!
Alexcullen
Star
Star
She uses the look and it takes her to the login page - she logs in, and then it takes her to the ‘add new device’ page.....but there is no link/invitation etc to set up....does she just set it up from scratch now as if it’s a new purchase (scan QR code etc)?
Alexcullen
Star
Star
Sorry, that’s meant to say she uses the ‘Link’ not the ‘look’
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alexcullen,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

EdAlter
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue. Chat has been giving me the same answer as they gave you. It does not work - not sure why they don't understand that, but it is very frustrating not being able to grant access to my wife. Ready to return the product because of this. Every time she answers the invite, it leads to her account (already set up) and ask to set up the doorbell, which can't be done because it's already set up under my account. Does not make sense

EdAlter
Initiate
Initiate

When you say "Contact Support", that puts us right back in the same loop. Support has been less than helpful. Love the product, but disappointed in the support. I just want my wife to have access to the doorbell features. Seems reasonable to ask. May return it for that reason.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you go the grant access section on the app on your phone does it show that the invite was accepted?

If so then the next step would be to then select that user by clicking on the word accepted and then selecting which camera you would like to grant them access to then click save.

Alexcullen
Star
Star
Thanks for letting me know you’re having the same issue - I was beginning to think I was just incompetent or stupid, but nothing I do works.
Alexcullen
Star
Star
No, it still just says pending....as my wife hasn’t been given any link to accept....all she gets is the email telling her to set up an account.
Alexcullen
Star
Star
EdAlter - I’ve just a managed to get it set up. I logged my wife in to the website on a laptop instead of using her phone which I’d been doing up until now, and it worked.
Maybe give that a try?
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation