Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
solte98
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have the arlo wireless video doorbell for nearly a year.  The model and firmware:

AVD2001Aer1.2

1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4

in the last 1-2 weeks, we have now witnessing random ringing at least twice a day.  These vary between 9-10am and 11:30-12:30am.... so far

no one is ringing the door, we dont have any motion detection rules.  its directly connected to our home wifi and not the arlo smarthub we have for our cameras.

we wondered if the device can be enabled for syslog so we can collect any logs from it.  what I will do is do a reset to see if that helps

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@solte98 wrote:

Hi there,

I have the arlo wireless video doorbell for nearly a year.  The model and firmware:

AVD2001Aer1.2

1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4

in the last 1-2 weeks, we have now witnessing random ringing at least twice a day.  

Can you clarify what is ringing?  A traditional mechanical or digital chime?  A Chime or Chime 2?  Or is the doorbell calling your phone?

solte98
Aspirant
Aspirant

dooorbell ringing my phone (arlo app) and the connected chimes (2).

solte98
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok,

we have tried resetting it but we cannot see the light rings flashing.  We took the battery out and inserted after 15 secs.  ring flashed white then goes off.  but when we press the button to sync up with wifi/smarthub no rings are flashing.

is this broken? battery issue

we are going to charge the battery until fully charged.

any assistance will be appreciated

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation