Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo can you enable chime to work without Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Whitters
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo.....

Do you have any plans to release a chime that doesn't need to connect to a smart hub?.  I've bought 3 x Pro 3 Floodlight cameras and your wire free video door bell, all connect directly to my wifi router (one of the reasons I bought them!).  Now I have the wirefree door bell I find out the chime has to connect to a smart hub.....  why wouldn't you make a product that connects to a router like the main cameras.....

I'm not going to spend money on a hub just to connect a chime.  Having my phone ring as the only way on knowing if someone has pressed the button is really annoying!

Has anyone in the community found a way of connecting the doorbell chime to a normal wifi router like the cameras do?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The current chime has to be connected to a base or hub to work. One can always assume newer products are in the pipeline but we just have to wait for the official announcement. 

micjun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I asked Arlo support on this as I wanted to get a chime for my new essential wireless doorbell (note I don't have a base station, I only have the wireless doorbell connected to my WiFi)

Their response is: 

The chime is not compatible with the new wireless video doorbell at all, as the chime doesn't connect to WiFi and the new doorbell doesn't connected to the base station (yet).

One solution to this would be to enable users to change the ringtone from when the doorbell is rung, so we distinguish between when someone is calling or the bell is rung....Is there any plans to do this?

PietroG
Aspirant
Aspirant

So you're saying the new Essential Video Doorbell (e.g. AVD2001B) can't work with the Chimes (e.g. AC1001) at all? So even if I did buy the SmartHub or Base Station, it wouldn't work?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently, that's true. A solution may be in the works but until it's announced we just have to wait.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation