Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Doorbell - on a current plan but I'm not getting any recordings

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo wireless doorbell is on a current plan but I'm not getting any recordings. It detects motion when I perform the test and I can refresh it to "live" status on my app but it doesn't record video. I connected the wireless chime and that works too when the doorbell is pressed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsenter wrote:

Yes, it is set to 90 (High). Is it possible the doorbell is defective and can I request a replacement? Should I go through an entirely new install?

If you haven't tried removing/reinserting the battery, then do that first.  If that doesn't help, then try a factory reset - that could help.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

If this is just purchased, you likely will find it faster/easier to exchange it with the seller.  Of course if you are out of the return window, you'd need to contact Arlo support for a warranty exchange.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsenter wrote:

My Arlo wireless doorbell is on a current plan but I'm not getting any recordings. It detects motion when I perform the test and I can refresh it to "live" status on my app but it doesn't record video. I connected the wireless chime and that works too when the doorbell is pressed.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

Have you checked the doorbell mode (making sure it is armed)? 

rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I checked and all my devices are armed including the doorbell. I also tried another livestream test today and it shows me approaching the door the door but it still doesn't record.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsenter wrote:

Yes, I checked and all my devices are armed including the doorbell. I also tried another livestream test today and it shows me approaching the door the door but it still doesn't record.

Did you try making a manual recording while livestreaming?

rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can record when in livestream mode but it still doesn't work when it's armed and not in livestream mode.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsenter wrote:

Yes, I can record when in livestream mode but it still doesn't work when it's armed and not in livestream mode.

Good.  

Have you tried maxing the motion sensitivity for the rule in the doorbell?

rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I checked the sensitivity and it was set at 45% so I cranked it up to 100% and did another test. It still is not recording video.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsenter wrote:

Yes, I checked the sensitivity and it was set at 45% so I cranked it up to 100% and did another test. It still is not recording video.

And the motion detection test passes?  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Note the threshold used in the test is only for the test - you need to set the operational threshold in the mode/rule.

rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the motion detection will pick up someone at the doorbell when in Live mode and I can manually record and that video will save in the library but it won't record on it's own.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion detection test passes?

Have you tried changing the motion sensitivity in the doorbell rule?

rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it is set to 90 (High). Is it possible the doorbell is defective and can I request a replacement? Should I go through an entirely new install?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsenter wrote:

If you haven't tried removing/reinserting the battery, then do that first.  If that doesn't help, then try a factory reset - that could help.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

If this is just purchased, you likely will find it faster/easier to exchange it with the seller.  Of course if you are out of the return window, you'd need to contact Arlo support for a warranty exchange.

rsenter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took the battery out and reset the doorbell. It appears to be working correctly now.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation