Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire Free Video Doorbell + Google Home

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
davidmory38
Follower
Follower

Morning,

So have have just installed my first arlo product with a Wire Free Video Doorbell. Everything seems to be setup and ok, but have 2 issues/questions:

1 - Video stream on Google Nest Screens - I have Two google nest screens (one 7 inch and one 10 inch versions). I say the magic words "Ok google, show me front door" and the arlo app loads, however it says cannot connect to stream "The camera stream cannot be played right now"? I have linked my account fine and can see the stream in the home app.

2 - Call answer - One thing I would like to do also is answer the calls on these screens, is this even possible?

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davidmory38,

You may need to reduce the doorbell resolution to use your doorbell with Google home, take a look here: Why can’t I view videos from my Arlo Video Doorbell on my smart home device?

It is not possible at this time to answer doorbell calls with an integrated device.

JamesC

Newfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem - video won't stream on my Google Next Hub Max. I tried lowering the resolution to both 1080x1080 and 720x720 but it didn't work. I tried resynching and resetting all devices included the router multiple time - didn't help.

Streaming in the phone app works great, and the wi-fi symbol indicates a good connection.

Help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Newfred,

Do you see any error messages? Could you provide more details about what you are experiencing?

JamesC

Newfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

It actually worked once for the first time today! But only once.

Most of the time it says "Camera stream cannot be displayed right now".  Sometimes the Arlo logo screen comes on and then freezes with no message,

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation