Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo WIre free door bell Loutering guard

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
speed-boy
Follower
Follower

Hi Guy's,

I have bought the arlo Ultra 2 and I maybe like to buy the arlo wireless doorbell camera ass well. I only have one question and it is very hard to find the answer:

I currently living on the main streeth near metro station. There are walking a lot people in front of my appartement, I think during rush hour 40 people per hour. So if I have the wire less doorbell it will detect 40 times per hour detection and send my notification. This is false detection and it take to much time to check all notification.

So what i like to do is to have a camera with loutering guard detection. So if somebody is in front of my camera for longer than 10 seconds i will get a notification. For people who are only walking I will not get a notification. Under I have 4 questions about this. 

1) Is Loutering guard possible with the Arlo wire less doorbell ?

2) is it easy to set up or is there any instruction for ?

I already have the ultra 2 arlo camera including IFTTT protocol. If question number 1 and 2 is not possible than:

3) is loutering guard possible with arlo ultra 2

4) is this easy to set up or is there instruction .

Thanks a lot. English is not my first language, but I can translate all the answers. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@speed-boy wrote:

I currently living on the main streeth near metro station. There are walking a lot people in front of my appartement, I think during rush hour 40 people per hour. So if I have the wire less doorbell it will detect 40 times per hour detection and send my notification. This is false detection and it take to much time to check all notification.

It will also drain the battery very quickly.  A wired doorbell would be better.

@speed-boy wrote:

So what i like to do is to have a camera with loitering guard detection. So if somebody is in front of my camera for longer than 10 seconds i will get a notification. For people who are only walking I will not get a notification. Under I have 4 questions about this. 

There's no way to do this (with either the ultra or the doorbell) via the Arlo app.  I don't use IFFFT, so I don't know if it is possible to do something there.  That would depend on using a very short recording time, and looking for back-to-back notifications.

It sounds like a useful feature, so maybe post it in the idea exchange.  (Arlo doesn't implement those ideas very often, but it is still worth a try).

The spelling you want is "loitering" (one of the thousands of English words that are hard to spell).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation