Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
marko988
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I found this thread from 1 year ago https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-and-HomeKit-integration/m-p/18... where I found out that the wired doorbell was updated and become compatible with homekit.

I was wondering if there's a timeline for the wire-free model AVD2001. Are you planning to release a firmware that'll add homekit integration?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Homekit integration is currently in the slow rollout phase. This means a small percentage of users may have the firmware available that supports HomeKit for AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras when connected to a compatible base station or SmartHub.

Once this firmware is available to all users, we will post an announcement here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001(Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

143 REPLIES 143
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craigwise wrote:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/arlo-essential-wi-fi-wire-free-video-doorbell-black/15496954

Under technical specs 

Should be fixed of course, but it is not Arlo's website - it is Best Buy's.

mylegfeelsfunny
Guide
Guide

I’m infatuated screwed. I have 2 smart hubs, and 2 wireless doorbells, bought because it said you need these to support HomeKit and this thread confirmed it was coming. This is over a thousand dollars.

Since Arlo won’t support it, I’m just going to post frequently here so that future customers know to stay away.

if you plan on using homekit:

Do not buy Arlos wireless doorbells. Don’t buy any Arlo cameras. They do not support HomeKit without an addition $150 Smarthub. 

Fresh1138
Aspirant
Aspirant

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO USE MY WIRELESS DOORBELL ON  THE APPLE HOMEKIT APP?? 

mylegfeelsfunny
Guide
Guide

Officially 2023 with promised support by 2022. Do not buy this doorbell if you expect to use it with HomeKit 

marko988
Tutor
Tutor

I wonder if it will at least added Matter support, so it could be added to Homekit as well

Blaggy
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I convert my Arlo Essential Doorbell Wire-Free to wired, will it work with HomeKit?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blaggy wrote:

If I convert my Arlo Essential Doorbell Wire-Free to wired, will it work with HomeKit?  

Hardwiring your Wire-Free doorbell won't help.

kenhawkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that I have gone mostly all in moving security and cameras all into one world powered by HomeKit I find that the hinge pin piece, a wireless ring will not work with HomeKit even if I wire the thing. Talk about a gut punch! Glad I bought all this within this month. Seriously rethinking this very substantial purchase trend and leaving Alro for good. Every time I think they are doing better the fail at the simplest of tasks.

YSR50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Matter does not support cameras yet

Slpresto
Tutor
Tutor

Any updates on HomeKit integration with the wireless doorbell? Also looking forward to the security system integration as Arlo stated that is planned too. Hopefully not as long as the doorbell is taking. Thanks

ZabDevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not that I am aware of. I still cannot view my doorbell in HomeKit. 

Nehptis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Service Dept, we need an update on the status of this.

wcj912
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Is there any support staff that can give an update on when the wireless doorbell will get HomeKit support?

Thank you,

Aurorus2014
Tutor
Tutor

G’Day from Sydney.

Can Arlo confirm if Apple HomeKit Integration still being worked on. If so, please supply a release date. I bought this product on the expectation that I could integrate with Apple Homekit.

I just bought an Arlo Essential Camera from our local supplier (Bunnings Warehouse) that was on sale and it works well. So don’t understand what is the issue with the wire-free door bell.

I may have to switch to another brand if an update is not provided soon.

Kind regards

MrBarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

👍 

Nehptis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still waiting for a release date.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I’m giving up on waiting. Arlo can stick their $1,500 worth of cameras. I’m going to another supplier. They are hopeless and don’t care about their customers. The amount of issues unresolvable is ridiculous. The door bell sucks said it would have HomeKit and 2 years later still does not. Get stuffed Arlo. You guys suck. Terrible customer experience. 

ZabDevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Totally agree!

kenhawkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

If only I could find someone else to go with that didn't hold my dollars hostage (ahem.... ADT). I came to Arlo when google pulled the nest security system support a while back. If you have some sage advice here do tell!

RyanNixon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, I'm just starting a new thread. I see so many threads about the wire free doorbell coming to HomeKit however these threads are over a year old. Arlo moderators also confirmed that HomeKit would be enabled soon - this was also over a year ago. Arlo - is this still planned?

Thanks.

NZMJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been a year now = any update?  Thanks 

Janvidar76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any new about firmware upgrade for wire-free homekit inclusion?

Kerbray
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC

You advised in this thread (amongst other threads) that a HomeKit integration for the Wireless Doorbell is 'coming soon'. These 'coming soon' comments are well over 1-year ago now, and are in fact very misleading.

Many users, including myself, have made informed purchases  of Arlo products (including several Pro 5 cameras) based upon these comments.

As a Community Manager for Arlo, can we please have an update on this (rather than ignoring this thread, yet commenting on others).

ZabDevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I concur!

WilliamCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello guys,

Don't know if it helps but there is a solution... Smart things (from Samsung).

Yeah, I know sounds crazy but Smart things is the Homekit from Samsung and guess what, the app is available on iOS. I have a couple of Samsung's devices (and at this point I'm wondering whether I'm going to switch my remaining iOS devices) and since you create a Samsung account, linking (yes linking not integrating) your Arlo devices (camera and doorbell) takes litterally 30 seconds. And then you have the notification when someone is at your door without going to Arlo app.

I know, it's a workaround but it says a lot about who's taking the Connected Home topic seriously...

Cheers,