Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
marko988
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I found this thread from 1 year ago https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-and-HomeKit-integration/m-p/18... where I found out that the wired doorbell was updated and become compatible with homekit.

I was wondering if there's a timeline for the wire-free model AVD2001. Are you planning to release a firmware that'll add homekit integration?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Homekit integration is currently in the slow rollout phase. This means a small percentage of users may have the firmware available that supports HomeKit for AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras when connected to a compatible base station or SmartHub.

Once this firmware is available to all users, we will post an announcement here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001(Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

143 REPLIES 143
Bamcconn
Guide
Guide

Wireless. Wired is compatible with HomeKit as previously stated and accurately reflected on Arlo’s website.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bamcconn wrote:

Wireless. Wired is compatible with HomeKit as previously stated and accurately reflected on Arlo’s website.

Yes.  FWIW, I was thinking that your statement on "not correct" was aimed at my reply, but I think it was likely aimed at @marko988 .

ElHenri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is HomeKit still not enabled even after they pledged Matter support??

explicit1696
Initiate
Initiate

We were lied to.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes. We were definitely lied to. This is from another arlo community thread:

JessicaP 
Arlo Employee Retired
‎2021-12-17 11:22 AM
Since the Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbell Base Station/SmartHub is available with the latest Wire-Free Video Doorbell firmware version, we plan to add Apple HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates!

Notice this post was dated 12/17/2021 and Jessica states "we plan to add Apple HomeKit Integration early next year." That would indicate that it was supposed to have been released early this year and here we are in LATE 2022 and still nothing. What a joke.
spybart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone tell me if the wire free doorbell (AVD2001) connects to HomeKit if connected through an Arlo Smart Hub? I'm guessing the answer is no but some person said it does on the amazon product page.

elesani
Initiate
Initiate

The answer is no! I have been waiting on this for almost two years now. About a year ago, Arlo announced a software release that supported onboard the wired free doorbell to the smart hub. However, no HomeKit support yet!

ctgail
Guide
Guide

I wasn’t kidding about the refund.  Would one of the moderators please let me know where to ship this thing back?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While HomeKit integration for AVD2001 is taking longer than originally expected, it is still planned to be released soon. If you would like to inquire about a refund, I encourage you to reach out to your original place of purchase or contact Arlo support using the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support to open a ticket.

JamesC

ctgail
Guide
Guide

James,

I’ve had this product for over a year waiting for integration with absolutely no luck.  Promises and delays made me keep it well past my reseller return window.  The app doesn’t do anything but chat to a bot.  Is there an email address to use, as I don’t think the phone is the best option right now.

mlavio829
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s hopeless. Arlo won’t stand by their product if you didn’t purchase it from Arlo directly. I’ve had a dud doorbell from beginning (6 months old) and Arlo support even replaced the first one. Camera still doesn’t work properly. Their support continues to ask me to factory reset every time. We get no where….I’ve given up 

martin-d
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update?

tomA24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have another Arlo product and I just purchase the Wired doorbell because it said that it is HomeKit compatible but now I'm not sure if its actually HomeKit ready.  I know that the wired can be used in HomeKit but do I have to buy a Arlo Smarthub or when I get the Doorbell I can just add it to my other HomeKit products without having to buy another hub?

BreakfastMan
Initiate
Initiate

I'm really upset by this. Just had the wireless doorbell delivered and installed only to find out I can't automate my home using the doorbell. The app doesn't even have the courtesy to let me know I can't add the doorbell to HomeKit - it just fails to appear. I've reset the whole system multiple times trying to get the camera to appear in HomeKit only to finally find this thread.

I'd consider exchanging the wireless doorbell for the wired doorbell but I want battery backup if the power is cut. Looks like I'll be returning it, along with the bridge and other cameras.

This was the last straw for me after learning that Arlo don't support Apple Secure Video either - AFTER purchasing. I'm returning everything.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is there an update on this? its getting tiring waiting on things that are not happening. The products have also been sub-par on performance for the cost. it keeps getting promised but it STILL has not happened.

Craigwise
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought the AVD2001 from Best Buy Canada and in the description it states that it’s compatible with Apple Home Kit. Is this still in development with Arlo?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Unfortunately we are still awaiting the update from basically jan this year and it still hasn’t happened. The amount of people that are on the same page and disappointed is huge.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

People have been asking for Homekit integration for the wirefree Arlo doorbell for close to 2 years now.

See this other thread that started back in January of 2021!

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/HomeKit-integration-for-Wire-Free-Video-Doorbell/id...

2 years! If it hasn't been released in 2 years what makes you think its ever going to happen? My advise? Dump Arlo. I'm getting ready to ditch my pro 2 system + wirefree doorbell for something else. I am in the process of shopping now. Arlo = Dumpster Fire

Retired_Member
Not applicable

And here is yet a DIFFERENT thread where rep "Jessica" advises that the integration was to be released early this year..

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/Wire-free-doorbell-NEEDs-Homekit-support-NOW/m-p/...

The dumpster fire rages on.

mylegfeelsfunny
Guide
Guide

The website said HomeKit supported and here we are. Very disappointed to find this thread.

Arlo, get your **bleep** together. This is fraudulent.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

No doubt about it. I just did a little more research. It looks like the wirefree doorbell was released in September of 2020. The hardware is over 2 years old!!

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlo-unveils-new-battery-powered-wire-free-essential-video-doorbell-with-...

Ruprah
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s Dec 2022!! … do you know when Arlo will integrate the Essential Wire-free doorbell with HomeKit??

mylegfeelsfunny
Guide
Guide

My guess is shortly after the class action. Let’s be clear, it’s marked as HomeKit compatible on the website. If they cannot provide the service advertised within 2 years time, we all have a viable case against Arlo that can produce sufficient punitive damages.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mylegfeelsfunny wrote:

it’s marked as HomeKit compatible on the website.

Can you post a screenshot?  I am not seeing this for the AVD2001 model.