Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
marko988
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I found this thread from 1 year ago https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-and-HomeKit-integration/m-p/18... where I found out that the wired doorbell was updated and become compatible with homekit.

I was wondering if there's a timeline for the wire-free model AVD2001. Are you planning to release a firmware that'll add homekit integration?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Homekit integration is currently in the slow rollout phase. This means a small percentage of users may have the firmware available that supports HomeKit for AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras when connected to a compatible base station or SmartHub.

Once this firmware is available to all users, we will post an announcement here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001(Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

143 REPLIES 143
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo can't provide homekit support until Apple completes their certification.

A lot of folks here were very upset about not being to pair their AVD2001 with a base station.  If I were in Arlo's position, I'd have made the same decision they did.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marko988,

I do not have a timeline available for when this integration will take place. Keep an eye on arlo.com and here on the community for details and announcements on new partner integrations.

JamesC

imjoshp
Initiate
Initiate
Any updates on this? I purchased this thinking I would have HomeKit integration for the doorbell since the wireless cameras are pulled in… now, after trying to connect everything and not having luck with the doorbell, I turn to the forums and find out it isn’t compatible. When is this going to be done? Seems like requests for this integration have been coming in for well over a year. I mean… the wired and wireless doorbells talk to the same hub over the same network, right?
elesani
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

Is there any update on this? - the integration of AVD2001 and Apple HomeKit?

Mickaello
Initiate
Initiate
I have a question when it will be possible to add a wireless version of the esental doorbell to HomeKit. I read that arlo is expected to release a software update in early 2022. please let me know when it happens
HaakonJ
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Essentials Video Doorbell Wire-free (AVD2001) does not work with Apple Homekit, only Arlo Essentials Video Doorbell (AVD1001) does work with Homekit. Arlo said late last year that it would come an update early 2022, now we are in July an the update hasn't come yet. I have talked to support and they say that there are no information when this is coming.

cimmy
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on this? I didn't realize when I was looking for a doorbell that only the wired one worked no the wireless. I should have done more research before getting this. However, I'm not able to get a wired version since its a rental unit and I want to be able to take this with me when I move.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

What in the actual h*ll is going on with the HomeKit integration for the wirefree essential doorbell? We were all told that it would be released in early 2022 according to a post by an Arlo rep in another thread. It’s now August. We are past early 2022 and still no HomeKit integration. When was this product released? How long has it been on the market and still no HomeKit integration? Come on WTH

kvn_ptrck
Initiate
Initiate
I too have been more than patiently waiting for HomeKit support for the wireless doorbell. When is this going to happen? It would be nice if arlo would enable HSV as well for their cameras but they are too greedy and want you to sign up for their own cloud service. I’m ready to sell all my arlo products and go with another company that fully integrates with HomeKit.
bob1974
Initiate
Initiate

I really really want this feature to integrate with HomeKit! Please please make it happen!

radiolex
Initiate
Initiate

any updates on this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While this integration is still planned, I don't have a date available yet for release. As soon as I know more, i'll provide more information. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
LOL
ctgail
Guide
Guide

Sorry, but we have been promised this for far too long.  My reseller won’t take this item

back any longer.  What is the process for getting a refund directly from Arlo please?

jarc100
Guide
Guide

I sold all my arlo cameras (3) plus my doorbell, I recommend anyone who reads this to do the same. Arlo does not care about their customers. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

100% Agree. They really do not care at all. 

explicit1696
Initiate
Initiate

Hello Arlo,

The holidays are coming. I love Arlo, but I love Apple Homekit more. 

I'm sure my few purchases mean nothing in the big scheme of things, but my family will be getting R___ Video Doorbells for Christmas if HomeKit compatibility isn't released. 

Bamcconn
Guide
Guide

Just purchased and installed this. Couldn’t believe it’s not compatible with HomeKit considering most everything else is — including the wired version. Am I to assume Apple is the hold up here not yet providing certification? Seems a lot of people have been waiting for a long time without any update with real substance…

Retired_Member
Not applicable

When is Arlo going to take its customers seriously? HomeKit needs full integration by now. I am so disappointed that the wireless video doorbell STILL does not have HomeKit support. not only that there is very limited useful integrations with HomeKit. you guys are charging a lot of money for these devices, when your competitors are offering more for less money. This is not about privacy when it comes to iCloud recording either, this is Arlo simply not wanting to give up on subscriptions. We have spent a lot of money kitting out our home with Arlo, and are now looking to change to your competitor. stop mucking us around, and listen to your customers. 

ChristianWhite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems strange the wires version has been given the ability to link to HomeKit but not the Wireless version.

Also considering selling mine if it is not resolved. I wonder if it is simply so that you have to subscribe to their cloud plan opposed to being able to use your iCloud storage?

I’ve cancelled my Arlo cloud plan now regardless.

marko988
Tutor
Tutor

From what I gather, if you buy a base station and you connect the doorbell (both wired that wireless) you can use it on homekit, is that correct?

Why is that so hard enabling homekit on the wirefree model? even without homekit secure video, enabling only stream mode if they want to push their cloud plan

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@marko988 wrote:

From what I gather, if you buy a base station and you connect the doorbell (both wired that wireless) you can use it on homekit, is that correct?

I don't think so.  Last I heard, the wireless doorbell isn't certified for homekit yet.  No idea what the snag is, but one aspect is that Apple needs to approve/certify the implementation.  I suspect they aren't that interested in the partial support implemented by Arlo.

Bamcconn
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately that is not correct. I have mine connected to a base station and it will not show up in HomeKit.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bamcconn wrote:

Unfortunately that is not correct. I have mine connected to a base station and it will not show up in HomeKit.

Is this the wired doorbell?

As I tried to say above,  the wireless doorbell still isn't certified for homekit (even if connected to a base).