Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Battery lasting 1 day

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
M1keB
Tutor
Tutor

I decided to replace my video doorbell with the Arlo Video doorbell as I already have the cameras.

I charged the battery as stated before installation.

After 6 days the battery had depleted tbh I expected longer, again I recharged the battery fully, refitted the camera and 24 hours later the battery was at less than 20%.  I didn't get many notificattions of movement, the doorbell was pressed three times.  Again I fully charged the battery before refitting at approx 11pm, last night.  I woke this morning and the battery is at 67% with two motion detections and two recordings of 19 and 14 seconds.

setup as follows:
The doorbell is approx 12 ft from the router,
flicker adj set to auto
doorbell LED breathe on motion

no chime connected
latest firmware
Brightness at 0
auto HDR on
Night vision on

video qual 1536sq

and I have an activity zone set to reduce passerby detection.

my other camera batteries despite lots of traffic 200+ notifications a day last a couple of weeks.

Do I have a duff battery or   are my settings draining the battery?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

M1keB,

While activity zones will limit the number of recordings in your library, the doorbell will still detect motion that occurs outside the zone. For activity zones to work, motion must be detected and analyzed by the cloud to determine whether it occurred within the zone. If the motion was outside the zone, the recording is then discarded. If your doorbell is constantly detecting motion, this would explain the battery drain. You may need to reduce sensitivity to limit the number of motion detection events triggering the doorbell.

JamesC

M1keB
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James thanks for the response, the main charge was lost overnight there was hardly any movement As I have a Pro 2 camera scanning a more expansive view of the same area and that picked up only the same two alerts.

Now though strangely during the day when there has been more traffic only 10% has been lost.

I’ll see what happens over the next few days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my wired doorbell (not this wireless one) faces the street so gets lots of false triggers from passing cars. I created a zone to exclude the street but also reduced the motion sensitivity to 25 which still gets people walking up to the porch 20-25 feet away. Testing is needed to get the best settings.

M1keB
Tutor
Tutor
It’s even worse now, I’ve contacted support.
Placed a fully charged battery on at midday yesterday, this morning no camera as battery was flat.
Recharged again took 4.5 hours, refitted the door bell at 1pm it’s now been on just over 6.5 hours and the battery is at 62%, I’ve had one ring. And a dozen movement notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation