• 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I am new to the community.

Unfortunately, my first post is a complaint with my arlo product.

My Arlo Wire-free Video Door Bell, Model ADVVK2001_UKS, purchased from Amazon on the 9th of September 2023 stopped working on the 21st October 2023.

I have followed all the online diagnostic procedures all to no avail.

There are no lights showing, and the unit remains totally unresponsive.

I therefore, am unable to perform any sort of resetting procedure. It appears to be terminally "dead".

Inserting a fully charged battery just causes it to get hot to the touch. (I suppose that is some sort of response, albeit undesireable 🤔 )

The unit had been actually okay except for a very fast battery drain which was resolved by the addition of an external transformer.

The transformer I used is to Arlo spec and showed 24 Volts AC on my test meter. It trickled-charged the door bell battery as expected, and all was great until the 21st October when it unexpectedly expired.

I have put in a support request and am now awaiting a response.

Meanwhile, can anyone please suggest anything that I may have missed or advise me on a course of action?

Thank you.!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bbew 

I escalated this to the appropriate team and someone should be reaching out as soon as possible.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Hot" is definitely a problem. The fastest way to resolve this is to return it to Amazon with a replacement.

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @jguerdat,

Thank you for your reply.

Arlo has not yet responded to my support request, and the contact telephone number seems to be dead.

I have therefore arranged to send the item back through Amazon.

I requested a replacement, but Amazon is unable to offer that because the item is not directly from them.

It is rather a shame because, apart from the fast battery drain, the door bell performed very well until it failed.

In hind sight, the fast battery drain was probably an indication that all was not well with the door bell.

I intend to give Arlo another try if I can get a hold of a wired version in the UK.

Thank you once again for you reply.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your support request number?

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN , can you check into the lack of response to the support request?

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello again,

The support request number is 570877.

I have found no way of contacting anyone at support for feed back or response.

I am in the UK by the way.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bbew 

I escalated this to the appropriate team and someone should be reaching out as soon as possible.

Thank you 

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @ShayneS,

Thank you for your help.

I hope it yields a positive result.

Thank you.

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello friends,

As you promised, an Arlo customer service personnel got in contact with me and has determined that a replacement unit is in order.

I had already decided to purchase the Arlo Wired Video Door Bell following return of the faulty unit through Amazon. However in the light of Arlo's getting in touch, I have placed the Amazon return on hold for as long as I can in the hope that Arlo will be able to replace the faulty unit with a wired version.

I have expressed this to Arlo support and await their response.

I thank you for your help with this matter, and am hopeful for a positive resolution soon.😄

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bbew Thanks for the update. 

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello friends,

I just recently heard from Arlo support Europe.

They have considered my request to replace the faulty Wire Free unit with a Wired one

and have referred it to the appropriate department for a decision.

I hope their decision arrives before the Amazon return deadline of the 7th of November 2023.

I look forward to a favourable decision. 😃

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bbew Thank you for the update, I'm glad I could help. 

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello friends,

An update on my doorbell issue.

I finally received a replacement doorbell to replace the faulty one.

I pray I do not get any issues with the new unit.

I must give credit to Arlo Customer Service, because they did exactly what is expected of customer support.

They went a step further by acknowledging the inconvenience I suffered with a goddwill gesture offer.

I also thank @ShayneS who pointed me in the right direction and escalated the matter on my behalf.

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello friends,

An update on my doorbell issue.

I finally received a replacement doorbell today 13 November 2023.

I believe the replacement would have arrived much earlier had I not requested the Wired version as a replacement.

They did patiently look into it and gave me feedback.

I eventually settled for the Wire free AVD2001 because Arlo reckoned that the Wired version AVD1001 is a downgrade.

I pray I do not get any issues with the new unit.

Upon setting up the new doorbell, I immediately noticed a distinct positive difference in the performance and now see certain features that were not apparent on the faulty unit.

This leads me to suspect that the former unit was faulty from the onset and I had no way of knowing until it finally expired.

I at least now have a bit of reference.

I must give credit to Arlo Customer Service, because they did exactly what is expected of customer support.

To my appreciation, they went a step further with an unexpected goddwill gesture to compensate for the inconvenience I had experienced.

I also thank @jguerdat  for the initial response to my post, and @ShayneS  who pointed me in the right direction and escalated the matter on my behalf.

I hope I too will one day be in a position to offer similar assistance 😀😀

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bbew 

Thank you for your positive feedback, I'm glad you are satisfied with the new doorbell. As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist. 

Bbew
Aspirant
Aspirant

😊😊😊

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation