Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Doorbell Video

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bill1957
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had our Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell installed in September 2022. The device has been professionally installed and connected to power from a qualified electrician, so power supply is not an issue.

It was working fine until an Arlo Video Doorbell version was installed on approximately 25th February 2023. Since them we could not connect to the doorbell. However, if someone pushed the doorbell it would record and send an alarm.

We found we were no longer able to connect to the doorbell via the Arlo Security App.

I therefore decided to reinstall the video doorbell as per the Arlo instructions.

The "Add New Device" proceeds through to where the App is trying to locate the video doorbell and it cannot do so! I have reset the doorbell as per the instruction but the same result.

When the App is trying to locate the device the circle of lights, after a few minutes, turn red and back to light. Eventually it stops trying to connect.

I have located a Google wi-fi extender to within 3m from the device, but still no connection. Remember, the device was working fine until the upgrade!!

We have not changed our home internet, as mentioned the device was working fine on the existing internet. We have an Arlo Essential indoor camera on the same network, and it has not faulted.

This is extremely frustrating as we are reliant on the security device.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The power supply is always a possibility since the transformer or wiring can fail. However, it would seem to be fine.

Have you done the reset procedure?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Of course, it may also be a faulty doorbell in which case you would need to contact official support using Settings, Support to select the doorbell and start communication for a possible RMA.

Bill1957
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've followed all the online ARLO instructions, probably 100 times, I called ARLO support and they told me to follow their online instructions. I persisted and finally after literally 100 attempts I managed to connect!! No idea why, possibly a stronger internet connection at that specific time. Fingers crossed it keeps working.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation