Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anti-theft mount for wireless doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
arlosu
Follower
Follower

Hi, I'm living in NZ where there is no anti-theft program and I just bought the wire-free doorbell for my business.

I did not realise that it is extremely easy to remove from the mount - it comes with a pin, but the person on the help line said that you just need to insert a paper clip or pin in order to remove it.  They said that there is no ant-theft setting to alert when someone is stealing it. 

I've looked online extensively for an anti-theft cover but can only find ones from Wasserstein, for the WIRED version (which is smaller).

Would be amazing if anyone has any ideas.

Obviously need it mounted where people can access it. Was really excited to use it for security,  but am not keen to use it until I find a way to secure it.  

thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlosu,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this along to the development team for future consideration.

JamesC

Kweetniet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also curious about the answer.
I feel that this is a fault in the product and additional cost of attaching the doorbell is not the responsibility of the consumer

Kweetniet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had another doorbell and it has a screw in it. I used that for this one. Maybe this is for the next model. Still strange that as a user you have to tinker with it yourself. After removing the screw you still can use the pin-hole. (a little bit larger 😁)

20210918_123612-fix.jpg

sepiemoini
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just had my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free (AVD2001) stolen with incredible ease after just a month of use. I too would like Arlo to provide an anti-theft measure. While the "Arlo Theft Replacement" program is helpful, this does not address the underlying product issue. Having to tinker or invest in a limited market of third-party anti-theft brackets and mounts is not a solution and this requires more immediate work on Arlo's end.

arlo-there
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, I had mine stolen on the day I mounted it (screwed in and all)

Surprisingly, there don't seem to be any anti-theft mounts for the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free in the market.

What did you end up doing?

charmerritt001
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a raw deal I know but I found a couple of sturdy fasteners in the plumbing section at the hardware store. Look for the ones designed to hold exterior piping in place.  The curve of the brackets fit nicely now all I have to do is get my doorbell to connect to my app. Lol, fml.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation